What is ChalkNot?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

losing friends

It's almost 3am but I am still awake. I just chatted to a "close friend" whom I didn't hear for couple of days. And I am really worried about what happened to her.

As I expected, she is having her sentiments. I am not surprised. I am already used to it :D. Ever since I met her, she was already like that. If my memory serves me right, we started became friends when she arrived from other country and had a problem with our common friend who happens to be... hmm.. very close to her. Since the first time I met her, she was already emotional, maybe because of the things she had been through, and still going through.

I had close friends before she came. They also had their own problems. Though I have my own personal problem, I have to set it aside first just to console my problematic friends. But sad to say, I lost most of them. Some flew to other land, which is better for them. But some were gone, though I have an idea where are they and what are they doing, they are gone, and so are their faith.

As I listen (or "as i read") her sentiments of being emotional, I can say that she is not that worthless as she thinks of her self. And I believe that she is more blessed than me. In all aspects, from financial stability to physical appearance, she is far ahead of me.

I understand her situation and in all the things she is going through right now. I know. Not only because I have encountered people with similar cases to her, but because I have been through that situation too - feeling down and weary. It's hard, I know. I cannot even help myself, nor my parents can help me. But because there is Someone powerful up there who can let a man stand even if he already fell down.


Because my close friend is downcast, I have to talk to her, cheer her up, give her advice. I have to do something with God's help for her to overcome her sentiments. No, I don't have any regrets. Nor I don't blame her for making me awake until these wee hours in the morning. I love what I am doing. And I have to do this. Not because it's my obligation, but because I don't want to lose another close friend. And I pray to God for her to be fine.




3 comments:

  1. I bet your close friend is so lucky to have you!

    :)

    She loves you, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "tell her tat I love myself too" - HAHA! laughtrip ate sheila. :))

    ReplyDelete